Thursday, December 23, 2010

CHRISTMAS COMING???

Christmas is coming in two days and I don’t really feel it coming. It isn’t snowing here, there will be no “white Christmas”. I don’t feel like unwrapping presents and move the golden balls on the Christmas tree. I bought few presents for some friends and for my boyfriend, more to make them smile rather than “because it is Christmas”. I have not even waited for Christmas day to open the presents that my friends gave to me. Really, I just don’t feel it.

I am only able to think about the other half of the world, the poor one. Those people won’t have any presents underneath their tree, they don’t even have a tree. Who knows if they actually know what Christmas is. They don’t even have a home, in some cases. They don’t know what “celebrate” means. They have nothing to celebrate. Not to talk about all the wars going on. And what about us? We are just showing our status off, we are basking in our richness and wealth (most of us should not even dare telling me that they are doing all this because of their faith, I hardly think that God would want us to celebrate his birthday spending all our money to buy presents to each other). And what for? Please, tell me.

In the end, the most important thing is that we are fine. Who cares about the whole world falling to pieces today.

No comments:

Post a Comment